11/2/17

Fourth Time = The Charm?

It's late. I probably shouldn't be creating my first post on this new blog so late at night.

But it doesn't really matter that much, does it? Besides, I'm eager to see if it looks nice and if the IFTTT connection to Facebook is working properly.

This is now my fourth attempt at a personal blog. You can still find the previous three "out there", if you look hard enough. After all, anything once posted on the Internet will never, ever go away.

From time to time, I find myself wanting to expound upon some topic, and Facebook (or Google+ or multiple Twitter posts) just isn't the right place for it. A person really needs a personal blog like this (these days) to get the kinds of thoughts I'm thinking "out there" where everyone and his brother can read them.


This will likely be my final attempt at a personal blog. Part of the reason I didn't keep up with the others is that I wasn't enamored by the platform. One was on Wordpress.com; another was at LiveJournal (yes, really); another was at Google Sites. Blogger (aka Blogspot), which is owned by Google, has a look and feel that I much prefer.

What will I write about? Right now, I haven't much of a clue, but when I do, what you'll read here will be my thought exactly.

One more note before I quit for the night. It's amazing (and yet not) how hard it is to come up with a Blogger site name that hasn't already been taken. Notice that, even though I've titled the blog "My Thought Exactly", the URL is MyExactThought.blogspot.com. I guess someone else had the same exact thought as me some time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment