5/19/22

Lunar Eclipse - 5/15/22

There's not much of a story here. It's mainly pictures that I took of the full lunar eclipse on the night of May 15, 2022.

The only "story" is about the three pictures I didn't take.

I had my camera mounted to a tripod sitting on the deck just outside the back door. I had my telescope set up on the driveway about 15 steps away - just far enough that I couldn't get back to the camera in time...a few times.

The first missed shot (seen through the telescope) was of a bat flying across the face of the moon. Granted, I would really have had to been looking through the camera lens at the time to catch this one, no matter how close it was to the telescope.

The second missed shot was of that star that caught up to and then hid behind the moon. I'd seen it approaching but just wasn't looking at it when the magic moment came.

The last missed shot was of an airplane flying across the face of the moon. I was at the telescope when I heard it coming. I, theoretically, got back to the camera in time, but my lens wouldn't focus properly in time.

Ah well.

So here are the shots I did get, without further comment, except to say that I used more than one type of lens to get these which is why some look so much different than the others.











Midnight CST









No comments:

Post a Comment